The caring, dedicated people of the Lower Umpqua Hospital Auxiliary truly make the difference in ensuring your stay with us is as pleasant as possible. Here are just a few of the many services they provide to patients and visitors alike:
- Volunteers staff the information desk, located in the front lobby, from 9am to 3pm, Monday through Friday. They’re happy to provide directions, assist with admission and discharge, and much more.
- There’s a cheerful auxiliary member behind your delivery of mail and flowers, the warm and homelike decor of our corridors, or the friendly stuffed animals that comfort children in the emergency room. They also staff the on-site hospital gift shop.
- A helping hand from the auxiliary is ready to assist families and staff in the ICU, Surgery, Emergency, Radiology and Lab sections.
- Auxiliary members keep special events at the hospital running smoothly, whether it’s a hospital tour, a health fair, or another function.
- The Auxiliary membership is a cornerstone of hospital fundraising, working on projects ranging from scholarships through funds for medical equipment and waiting room furniture.
Who are our Auxiliary Members?
The more than 73 volunteers of the Lower Umpqua Hospital Auxiliary encompass everything from retirees and homemakers to former physicians. Won’t you join them in an experience that is equally rewarding for you, the hospital and the community? Dues are only $5/year for active members, $10/year for associate members. Just download the form here and fax or hand-deliver it to the hospital.
We look forward to welcoming your talents to a group of true community heroes: the Lower Umpqua Hospital Auxiliary.