POSITION TITLE: Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
The CRNA is a member of the Anesthesia department. Responsible for planning and administering anesthesia to patients at Lower Umpqua Hospital. Reports to the Director of Anesthesia.
- Administration of anesthetics to surgical patients of all ASA categories.
2. Works well with medical staff, administration, hospital staff, and the public.
3. Assists any department requiring anesthesia consultation.
4. Assists with QA/QI, departmental polices, and continued growth of an innovative and quality anesthesia department.
5. Pain management for post-op procedures.
6. Assists nursing with difficult IV access issues.
7. Consistently attends required in-services and departmental meetings.
Education and License:
Board certified by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists with current re-certification.
Licensed in good standing with the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
Graduate of an accredited school of anesthesia.
Basic Life Support (BLS), Required
Five of more years of current anesthesia experience with a broad scope of capability including but not limited to: Scopes, Chole, thoracotomy, mediastinoscopy, CT biopsy, difficult IVs, blocks, spinals, emergent procedures outside OR – cardio versions, floor intubations, central lines, picc lines
Must be able to work independently
Must be able to provide quality Anesthesia for aged and multi-medical condition population
Must be able to decide surgical risks and do pre-op and post-op anesthesia workup
Make appropriate charges for anesthesia procedures and surgical procedures
- Work requires availability for call.
- Work requires manual dexterity and coordination.
- Work requires ability to make sound clinical judgments during periods of extreme stress.
Frequent use of computer and phone, and other standard office machines. Must be able to stand, sit, stoop, twist, kneel, reach, push, pull using proper body mechanics and move/lift varying amounts of weight to a maximum of 50 lbs.