POSITION TITLE: Chief Financial Officer
Reports to: CEO
Classification: Confidential, Exempt
Last Revised/Reviewed/ Approved by HR: 10/28/2022
The Chief Financial Officer, under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, manages the financial affairs of the hospital. This includes the direction and supervision of the functions and activities of the departments assigned. Additionally, the Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the adherence and compliance of all federal and state budgetary and financial reporting regulations.
- Development and implementation of finance policy and procedure for hospital.
- Develop the financial well-being of LUHD by providing financial projections and accounting services, prepare growth plans, and directing staff.
- Maintain adequate financial records as required by State law.
- Prepare annual facility budget.
- Develop and analyze statistical information.
- Review and report monthly financial data to Administrator and Board of Directors.
- Analyze and obtain financing of equipment purchases.
- Respond to patient complaints.
- Familiar with processing payroll and accounts payable.
- Familiar with Medical Insurance Billing.
- Familiar with public bidding requirements and publishing guidelines.
- Update job knowledge being aware of new regulations, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts, reporting results, analyzing variances, and developing improvements.
- Establish financial operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality and customer-service strategies, accumulating resources; resolving problems; and implementing change.
- Research revenue opportunities and economic trends, analyze internal operations, identify areas of cost reduction and process enhancement.
Education and License:
Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting or equivalent.
Master’s degree, preferred.
Supervisory skills and experience.
Minimum of three years’ hospital experience.
Proficient with Microsoft programs, accounting software, word and excel.
Minimum 10-year experience in accounting or financial management.
- Familiarity with computer network systems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of State budget laws.
- Financial planning and strategy
- Budget Development
- Quality Management
Works indoors in an air-conditioned environment.
Frequent use of computer and phone, and other standard office machines. Must be able to stand, sit, stoop, twist, kneel, reach, push, pull using proper body mechanics and move/lift varying amounts of weight to a maximum of 50 lbs.