POSITION TITLE: Dietary Aide/Tray
Reports to: Nutritional Services Manager
Classification: UFCW, Non-Exempt
Last Revised/Reviewed/ Approved by HR: 7/15/2021
Dietary Aide is responsible for assisting in the Dietary Department. This ensures that proper diet orders are received and followed. Must be an essential member of a team.
- Answer phone in Dietary Department. Take messages related to diet order changes, individual patient/resident needs, and staff requests.
- Turn on dishwasher and set up for day’s dishwashing per operating procedure.
- Prepare coffee and hot water for trays and cafeteria.
- Collect dishes from previous evening’s after-hours activities, wash, and return to appropriate areas.
- Inventory supply needs for Doctor’s Lounge, Acute Care, and ECF. Fill the supply lists and deliver. Provide supplies as needed per department policy guidelines.
- Wait on cafeteria window during the assigned times per job schedule.
- Wash food-prep dishes, run through dishwasher, and put dishes away.
- Maintain adequate supplies in the condiment bins in the dining room and at the cold-foods workstation.
- Set up and break down the salad bar daily per policy guidelines
- Wash food preparation dishes, run though dishwasher and put dishes away.
- Complete daily cleaning per cleaning schedule.
- Complete daily general kitchen clean up, including sweeping and mopping of Dietary Aide’s side of kitchen.
- Complete post-meal clean up on Dietary Aide’s side of kitchen after every meal; put away leftovers in an appropriate manner.
- Deliver late trays as ordered.
- Maintain all sanitation guidelines related to safe handling of food.
- Maintain proper temperature of foods at all times.
- Maintain strict adherence to all rules and regulations pertaining to dishwashing and general cleaning.
- Follow all safety rules established by facility.
- Serve on in-house committees.
Education and License:
High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
Food Handlers, Required
ServSafe Card, Preferred
Basic Life Support (BLS), need to be able to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Required ability to read and write, complete simple calculations, and follow oral and written directions.
- Must have ability to follow accurately and completely standardized recipes, production sheets, rotational menu plans, and other written guidelines.
- Must be able to complete food preparation tasks using small equipment such as a blender and food processor.
- Must have organizational skills that will enable the timely completion of all meal preparation tasks just prior to scheduled meal service.
- Knowledge of current sanitation rules and regulations.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-directed while working closely with others.
- Must be able to make appropriate decisions quickly.
Works indoors in an air-conditioned environment. Works in a very busy environment while remaining focused on the task. Must be familiar with safety procedures while working around chemicals, such as, cleaning solutions and chlorine bleach. Using safety precautions while using knives, hot ovens, stovetops, and grill within working area. Must have clear knowledge of protective equipment.
Frequent use of computer and phone, and other standard office machines. Must be able to stand, sit, stoop, twist, kneel, reach, push, pull using proper body mechanics and move/lift varying amounts of weight to a maximum of 50 lbs.
I have received a copy of this job description.