POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant & Contract Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Classification: Confidential, Non-exempt
Last Revised/Reviewed/ Approved by HR: 11/8/2022
The Executive Assistant (EA) ensures the smooth operation of office functions of the Administration Department, supports Board and Administration activities, and provides support to the Executive Team. EA serves as backup for the Clinical Support Coordinator, when appropriate. EA is responsible for coordination of all rental and leased properties. EA coordinates and tracks all District contracts. Must be able to conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Pick up daily mail, sort, and distribute to appropriate personnel.
- Answer and screen all incoming calls to the Administration office.
- Point of contact for executives, employees, clients, and other external partners.
- Maintain CEO’s calendar and other Executives as appropriate.
- Coordinate, organize and maintain schedule of District contracts.
- Coordinate all of the District’s rental and leased properties, including tracking lease agreements, vetting tenants, issuing keys, and coordinating all repairs and maintenance.
- Responsible for the coordination and updating of Administrative & Personnel Policies and assisting with Financial and Clinical Policy updates as appropriate.
- Order and distribute office supplies as appropriate.
- Ensure operations of equipment by preventive repairs maintenance requirements, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, inventory, and evaluating new equipment techniques.
- Arrange administrative events pertaining to LUHD.
- Prepare agenda, reports, letters, and other items as requested.
- Welcome guests and customers, in person or on the telephone, answering or directing inquiries.
- Post notices for meetings as directed.
- Attend meetings, take minutes, and post minutes for Board Committees, Budget Committee, Foundation, Department Head, Leadership, and Critical Access Hospital Review and others as directed.
- Prepare material for Board of Director’s packets.
- Ensures Board packets are delivered to each Board member, Thursday before Board Meeting.
- Tally and file resolutions.
- Maintain insurance forms and direct them to appropriate agencies.
- Route incident reports to Director of Quality and Risk Management.
- Maintains manager contact list.
- Supports Executive Team with administrative support and project assistance as appropriate.
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality regarding records, and hospital affairs.
- Must have professional appearance and adhere to dress code policy.
- Must be able to interact with hospital personnel in a positive, friendly, and supportive manner.
- React in calm, assured manner to various situations and stresses.
- Must interact with public in the facility in a friendly, professional, and courteous manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and License:
High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
Associates degree, preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferred.
Knowledge of Oregon Public Meeting Laws & Regulations including Board Support, highly preferred.
Work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role.
Previous experience in a health care setting, preferred.
- Excellent Computer knowledge including Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Reliable, excellent attendance and punctual.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate good follow-through skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to set priorities.
- Must have good telephone etiquette and excellent customer service skills.
Works indoors in an air-conditioned environment. Must be able to concentrate on task at hand with many distractions.
Frequent use of computer and phone, and other standard office machines. Must be able to stand, sit, stoop, twist, kneel, reach, push, pull using proper body mechanics and move/lift varying amounts of weight to a maximum of 50 lbs.