The Housekeeper is responsible to maintain cleanliness of all hospital departments and is responsible for delivery of linen/resident clothes to specific units within the facility.
- Maintains supplies of soap, towels, toilet paper, etc. in designated areas throughout the hospital.
- Mops, sweeps, and disinfects floors.
- Vacuums carpeting and rugs.
- Cleans furnishings, fixtures, and furniture.
- Straightens and rearranges furniture.
- Cleans and disinfects bathrooms, hoppers, showers, and utility rooms.
- Cleans windows and mirrors.
- Spot cleans walls and doors as needed.
- Removes spider webs on walls and ceilings.
- Cleans rooms upon discharge of patient/residents, including bed, mattress, nightstand, over bed table, and stationary objects in room.
- Removes and disposes of waste and trash.
- Gathers soiled linen and takes to collecting bins as assigned (evenings, Saturday, Sundays and holidays).
- Properly stores and stocks linens throughout the hospital.
- Changes mop heads and mop water daily in designated areas.
- Refills cleaning solutions and supplies on units as needed.
- Properly stocks and stores carts at the end of the shift.
- Reports observations concerning structural and equipment wear, defects, and malfunctioning to supervisor.
- Orders housekeeping supplies in a timely manner (day-shift)
- Reports supply, linen, and equipment needs and concerns to supervisor.
- Performs emergency housekeeping tasks as requested.
- Demonstrates through knowledge of housekeeping duties in all areas of the hospital.
- Maintains clean and sanitary conditions in assigned areas according to established standards to help maintain effective infection control.
- Water plants.
- Collects clothes hangers and returns to hanger stand in laundry room.
Plant Operations Manager