Lower Umpqua Hospital District is seeking a full-time Housekeeping Supervisor. The Housekeeping Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the duties performed by the housekeeping and janitorial staff to maintain good cleaning and maintenance. As the Housekeeping Supervisor you must understand all the procedures of hospital cleaning and basic cleaning equipment.
- Create and maintain inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment, and supplies such as: soaps, towels, toilet papers, etc.
- Ensure all staff carry out their daily duties in each department.
- Oversees cleaning work done by the staff to ensure that it has been done to standard and procedures.
- Address department complaints and ensure a quick resolution.
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment to project the safety and health of others.
- Train housekeepers on cleaning and maintenance tasks.
- Educate staff on cleanliness, tidiness and hygiene standards, and infection control.
- Conduct orientation training and in-service training to explain policies, work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment.
- Check rooms and common areas, including stairways and waiting areas, for cleanliness.
- Schedule shifts and arrange for replacements in cases of absence.
- Participate in large cleaning projects as required or fill in as help when needed.
- Communicates with Bed Control and the Nursing Units on Checkouts, Patient Room status prioritizing assignments/projects during times of increased demands
- Consult with the Plant Operations Manager regarding any problems relating to the housekeeping department.
- Review applicants, and interview
- Conduct monthly housekeeping meeting.
- Fill in on vacant shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and License:
High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
Previous experience as a housekeeper supervisor or similar role
Hands on experience cleaning in a hospital setting.