Lower Umpqua Hospital District is seeking a Full-Time Nurse Manager to join our team. The Nursing Manager shall have responsibility and accountability for assuring functions and activities of the Acute Care Nursing Services Department.
- Develop and maintain a nursing service philosophy, objectives, standards of practice, policy and procedure manuals, and job descriptions for each level of nursing service personnel: Med/Surg, ER & ICU.
- Ensure that all nursing staff performs their respective duties in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
- Ensure that all nursing staff perform within their scope of practice.
- Develop and maintain departmental policies for orientation, in-service and education of nursing staff.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for the determination of nursing staff’s care for any person seeking admission to the facility.
- Develop and maintain a Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement program for nursing services.
- Coordinate nursing service department functions and activities with the functions and activities of other departments.
- Develop nursing service department budget recommendations and collaborate with the Chief Nursing in the allocation of funds for the facility.
- Collaborate with other department directors in development and maintenance of practices and procedures that promote infection control, fire safety, and hazard reduction.
- Ensure adequate nursing services staffing including development of a written staffing plan.
- Assures adequate 24-hour staff coverage of department.
- The Nursing Manager shall designate in writing a specific registered nurse, licensed to practice in Oregon, to be available immediately in person or by phone to direct the functions and activities of the nursing services department when Nurse Manager is not available in person or by telephone.
- The Nurse Manager shall be informed regarding patient’s conditions, including when a significant change in condition warrants nursing or medical intervention.
- Ensure that infection control statistics and case review are completed.
- Competent in facilitating smooth operation of department. Fosters positive attitude among coworkers and tries to maintain harmony between departments.
- Monthly staffing schedule completed and distributed to selected Acute Care staff members one week prior to the new month.
- Ensures that annual employee evaluations are completed in a timely manner.
- Competent in delegating monthly and bimonthly tasks.
- Shows competence in annual review of policies and procedures, replacing and updating as needed.
- Conducts self in a professional manner.
- Attempts to improve self and increase knowledge by attending classes/seminars.
- Assist staff with lunch relief.
- Assist with chart review.
Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare related field, required.
Current Registered Nurse Licensure in the State of Oregon.
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), Required.
Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC), preferred, with the ability to obtain within 60 days of hire.
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), preferred, with the ability to obtain within 60 days of hire.
Basic Life Support (BLS), Required.