POSITION TITLE: Outpatient/Wound Care Nurse
Reports to: Director of Nursing
Classification: Teamsters, Non-Exempt
Last Revised/Reviewed/ Approved by HR: 6/10/2021
Outpatient RN will be responsible for creating policies and procedures regarding wound care and infusions. Must also be willing to assist all departments and make recommendations for the treatment of wound care.
- Must demonstrate the ability and knowledge needed to oversee the wound care needs of patients.
- Have the ability to implement and update Policies and Procedures pertaining to wound care and infusions.
- Keep up with current trends in wound care, and attend continuing education seminars to keep skills and knowledge up-to-date.
- Be able to educate staff, patients, and caregivers in regards to wound care.
- Follow and base practice on Federal, State, and Government guidelines.
- Provide safe wound care to patients that will encourage wound healing, minimize pain, and offer a learning environment to improve optimal health.
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals for an improved level of care for patients.
- Maintain a high standard of practice.
- Have the knowledge necessary to implement and change, if necessary, treatment plans for wound care.
- Be a resource for other healthcare professionals in the area.
- Evaluate wound closure rates and costs.
- Offer assistance with wounds in Acute Care.
- Responds to Code Blues and Trauma Activations.
- Cover lunches in Acute Care and Emergency Room as needed.
- Follow all Infection Control Guidelines.
- Be responsible for all documentation and charging of outpatients.
- Train support staff to treat Outpatients in your absence.
- Work with Patient Care Coordinator to schedule Outpatients.
- Order specialized supplies for wound care and Outpatients.
- Organize and stock supplies in designated Outpatient nursing area.
Education and License:
Graduated from an Approved Registered Nursing program
Current Registered Nurse Licensure in the State of Oregon, required
Current Wound Care Certification (WCC), preferred.
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), required.
Basic Life Support (BLS), required.
Previous outpatient experience, preferred.
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently.
Works indoors in an air-conditioned environment. May be exposed to biohazard precautions.
Frequent use of computer and phone, and other standard office machines. Must be able to stand, sit, stoop, twist, kneel, reach, push, pull using proper body mechanics and move/lift varying amounts of weight to a maximum of 50 lbs.