POSITION TITLE: Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
Reports to: Controller
Last Revised/Reviewed/ Approved by HR: 5/25/2021
The Payroll & Benefits Coordinator is responsible for processing data necessary to prepare payroll and the associated accounts payable invoices for payment. This position also maintains payroll records as required by federal and state regulations.
- Complete processing of employee time within the UKG and ADP systems.
- Verify accuracy of time, paychecks and related ADP payroll reports.
- Update payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department transfers.
- Maintain employee ADP records.
- Distribution of payroll checks.
- Prepares various payroll reports each payroll for Controller and CFO.
- Prepares various federal and state reports.
- Works with employees and department managers regarding payroll issues.
- Benefits Coordination (Group Health, Life, Retirement, Flexible Spending Accounts, AFLAC).
- Prepare reports such as earning, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Must be able to work with tight deadlines for Payroll.
- Maintains working knowledge of Union Contracts.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by the CFO, or the Controller.
Education and License:
High School Diploma or equivalent, required
Associates Degree in Accounting or related field, preferred.
Three to five years’ experience payroll processing in a hospital setting, preferred
Experience with UKG (Kronos) timekeeping system, preferred
- Knowledge of Union Contracts, BOLI, and Accounting.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines for payroll.
- Analyzing Information
Works indoors in an air-conditioned environment.
Frequent use of computer and phone, and other standard office machines. Must be able to stand, sit, stoop, twist, kneel, reach, push, pull using proper body mechanics and move/lift varying amounts of weight to a maximum of 30 lbs.