Provide Physical Therapy services per state standards and practice act as directed by LUH. Duties to be performed in Acute Care, nursing home, clinical, and pool settings.
- Adhere to the Code of Ethics as outlined by the APTA.
- Maintain proficiency within the profession by keeping up with continuing education and license.
- Screens patients for Physical Therapy needs.
- Completes initial Physical Therapy evaluation and performs further assessments and testing as needed per plan of care.
- Develops plan of care and performs direct patient care using proper modalities and procedures according to treatment plan.
- Provide regular assessment and revision of the patient’s progress toward goal areas.
- Maintain records that accurately reflect patient care and progress to include: evaluations, progress reports, and discharge summaries per regulatory standards.
- Advises, consults, and teaches patient and family members as well as caregivers as indicated.
- Provide supervision for PTA’s and rehabilitation aides per state practice act and standards of care.
- Maintain contact with physician regarding physical therapy plan of care and progress as needed.
- Attends care conferences and interdisciplinary group meetings as requested.
- Participate in Quality Assurance activities as requested
- Participate in quarterly records review as requested.
- Comply with hospital policies and procedures.
- Answer phones.
- Scheduling patients
- Assist in ordering of linen and supplies.
- Cleaning of treatment rooms.
- Assist other healthcare members – maintaining proper in-services for LUH staff.
- Provide clinical supervision of PT and PTA students and volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and License:
Graduate from an accredited school with degree in Physical Therapy
License in good standing as a Physical Therapist in the State of Oregon.
Must hold a current First Aid and CPR card.
Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Must be able to perform physical demands of job duties.
- Good people skills and be a team player.
- Good skills in written and oral communications.
- Must be adaptable to changing work environments.
Works indoors in an air-conditioned gym/office environment.
Frequent use of computer and phone, and other standard office machines. Must be able to stand, sit, stoop, twist, kneel, reach, push, pull using proper body mechanics and move/lift varying amounts of weight to a maximum of 60 lbs