The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for performing all aspects of Respiratory Therapy and Electrocardiography, in a proficient and competent manner according to policies and procedures.
- Small / Large Volume Nebulizers
- Lung Expansion
- Chest Physiotherapy
- Nasotracheal Suctioning
- Oxygen Administration /Titration.
- Pulse Oximetry
- Arterial Blood Gases withdrawal
- Patient monitoring and assessment
- Arterial blood gas interpretation with corrective action
- Competency with Respironics VAPS
- Competency with Respironics Esprit Ventilator
- Competency with Respironics Vision BiPap
- Competency with Phillips V60 ventilator
- Competency with Hamilton Galileo T1 ventilator
- Competency with Newport HT50 Transport ventilator
- Airway care (Oral-Tracheal Hygiene).
- End tidal CO2 monitoring
- Ventilator Weaning Parameters
Emergency on call:
- All Therapists will be required to take an equitable amount of on-call shifts.
- Call response time 20 Minutes Maximum
- Intubations (Infant, Pediatric and Adult)
- C-Section Infant deliveries (equipment proficiency, surgical procedure).
- Unstable infant deliveries (equipment proficiency)
- Cardiopulmonary arrests / Trauma (airway management, chest compression’s, equipment proficiency)
- Unstable ground transport (as staffing allows)
Pulmonary Rehabilitation / Testing:
- Patient education of disease process and breathing retraining
- Pulmonary stress testing / 12-minute walk test
- Pulmonary function testing (equipment proficiency)
- Pulmonary function testing (slow vital capacity, forced vital capacity, Carbon Monoxide diffusing capacity, maximal volume ventilation, Maximal negative inspiratory / positive expiratory force and Nitrogen washout studies)
- Patient strength and conditioning exercise (with Physical Therapy)
- Oximetry exercise tests (pulmonary rehab / home oxygen qualification)
- Standard 12 lead tracings
- Holter Monitor set up
- Event Monitor set up
- Cardiac stress testing (must be proficient with treadmill to ensure patient safety)
- Documentation of all therapies and proper placement within patient chart in the electronic medical record.
- Completion of all daily billing forms according to services rendered
Cleaning of equipment / maintenance / supply:
- Must be able to properly disassemble, clean and reassemble equipment.
- Must be able to perform basic trouble shooting of equipment in use.
- Must ensure non-billable items are ordered and supplied.
- Must perform safety tests on all required equipment before use.
Respiratory Therapy Manager
Education and License:
High School Diploma/ GED.
Graduation from an A.M.A. accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
Must be credentialed as a Registered Respiratory Therapist with NBRC
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) – or ability to obtain within six months of hire
Minimum of two years critical care experience, preferred.