POSITION TITLE: Scheduling Clerk
Reports to: Senior Director of Clinic Operations
Last Revised/Reviewed/ Approved by HR: 10/01/2021
The Scheduling Clerk is responsible for receiving/scheduling patients as required; supportive functions to promote smooth functioning of the clinic and patient care. Verify eligibility and benefits with patient’s insurance company. Scheduler will handle financial counseling and requests for deposit or payment prior to and immediately after various services.
- Schedules patients for appointments in selected departments.
- Answers phone
- Promotes positive customer service including calling to remind patients of scheduled appointments.
- Facilitate daily scheduling for clinical professionals and assist clinicians as needed.
- Maintain good communication regarding scheduled procedures with clinical professionals.
- Ability to do data entry and collect and disburse mail on a daily basis.
- Proficiency in the use of office machines including fax, computer and copy machines
- Record and track statistical information.
- Participate in staff meetings
- Carry out other duties as assigned
Education and License:
High School Diploma is required.
One year experience in hospital or medical office performing eligibility verification, authorization and scheduling, preferred
- Able to navigate online websites while processing orders
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Constant attention to detail
- Computer skills 45 words per minute
- Remain positive while dealing with complex processes and working with multiple departments
- Familiar with ICD-10 and CPT coding as well as Medical Necessity verification
Works indoors in an air-conditioned environment.
Frequent use of computer and phone, and other standard office machines. Must be able to stand, sit, stoop, twist, kneel, reach, push, pull using proper body mechanics and move/lift varying amounts of weight to a maximum of 50 lbs.