The scheduling Clerk is responsible for receiving/scheduling patients for Rehabilitation department as required; supportive functions to promote smooth functioning of department. Position may be expanded as services are developed.
- Scheduling and maintenance of schedule for PT/OT/ST, inpatients, outpatients and SNF.
- Professionally answers phone, scan documents and sends/receives faxes as needed.
- Assist in maintaining switchboard during work hours, transferring calls and paging overhead as needed.
- Promotes positive customer service including calling to remind patients of scheduled appointments.
- Facilitate daily scheduling for clinical professionals and assist clinicians as needed.
- Provide assistance and oversight of authorization of physical medicine procedures per insurance requirements.
- Establish and maintain patient files scanning reports as needed.
- Ability to do data entry and collect and disburse mail on a daily basis.
- Proficiency in the use of office machines including computer, fax, scan and copy machines.
- Maintain or prepare department statistics as assigned.
- Participate in staff meetings
- Maintain wellness program statistics as assigned.
- Carry out other duties as assigned
Education and License:
High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Able to multi-task
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Constant attention to detail
- Medical background helpful
- Computer experiences necessary
- Able to handle busy, sometimes stressful, department
- Must be physically able meet all requirements of the position
- Interact positively with physicians, physicians’ offices and other departments
Works indoors in an air-conditioned gym/office environment.
Frequent use of computer and phone, and other standard gym and office machines. Must be able to stand, sit, stoop, twist, kneel, reach, push, pull using proper body mechanics and move/lift varying amounts of weight to a maximum of 50 lbs.