CLINIC MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Employment type: Full-Time
Department: Dunes Family Health Clinic
Location: Outpatient Clinics
Reedsport, OR 97467
The Clinic Medical Assistant works with the assigned physician to provide cohesive and seamless care to patients. This includes, checking patients in, obtaining pertinent health and social histories, medication documentation, teaching, and follow-up. The medical assistant will also arrange for lab and any diagnostic testing, referrals, or social support appointments.
- Patient assessments, counseling and education.
- Procedure scheduling.
- Screens, routes and assures timely follow through of all lab and test results.
- Provides concise communication of patient medical problems and questions to the physician.
- Communicates and reinforces physician instructions to patients.
- Interacts in a positive, supportive, professional manner with physicians.
- Assists with review of patient charts for completeness prior to appointments.
- Assists with referrals and authorizations as needed.
- Accurately takes and records vital signs.
- Accurately documents pertinent medical data collection.
- Performs ancillary patient services per protocol.
- Notates billable procedures and supplies provided used during the patient visit.
- Calls, rooms and preps patients for appointments as needed.
- Provides assistance for minor procedures.
- Coordinates patient procedures scheduling and education with the hospital.
- Assists with accurate medical necessity diagnosis coding for diagnostic testing.
- Adheres to all hospital and clinic policies and procedures.
- Interacts with the public and staff in a professional, courteous and supportive manner.
- Maintains a safe, neat and clean work environment.
- Provides secondary support for the triage nurse as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the manager.
Education and License:
High School Diploma, GED Required
Medical Assistant Certification, preferred.
Current BLS, or ability to obtain within 60-days of hire.
Clinic Medical Assistant experience, preferred
Excellent computer skills.
Ability to operate clinical and office equipment.
Excellent verbal communication, reading and math skills required.
Communicates problems, follows problem solving processes.
Works indoors in an air-conditioned environment. This position requires interaction with potentially demanding people, possible alternating periods of desk work and extended periods of standing and/or walking, including assisting with transfers, wheelchair transport, and positioning patients. Patient care includes occasional to frequent contact with potentially contaminated body fluids employing the proper use of protective equipment and disinfectants.
Frequent use of computer and phone, and other standard office machines. Must be able to stand, sit, stoop, twist, kneel, reach, push, pull using proper body mechanics and move/lift varying amounts of weight to a maximum of 50 lbs.
This is a Full-Time position that is eligible for benefits.