The Family Resource Center is a combined effort of Lower Umpqua Hospital and the Reedsport School District.
The Family Resource Center strives to connect people in coastal Douglas County to the information, resources and Services that they may need. It also provides agencies and organizations the opportunity to better reach and more efficiently serve this community.
At the Family Resource Center you can:
- Find out about applying for food stamps and Oregon Health Plan
- Get information about subsidized housing
- Pick up DMV manuals and forms
- Talk to a SHIBA volunteer about Medicare
- Pick up dental and vision applications for those with limited income
- Sign up on the wait list for furniture and appliances
- Find information about counseling and support groups
- Get answers to most questions about local services & programs
If you have something to donate call 271-9700 if you have furniture or appliances to donate. Those larger items are not accepted AT the Family Resource Center. Pick up arrangements are made between the donor and the family that needs the item. Small items like bedding, towels, and basic kitchen items can be brought to the Family Resource Center. Please make sure items are clean, chip free, and in useable condition. The Family Resource Center does not accept clothing larger than children’s sizes, decorative items, or knick knacks. Please call ahead before bringing a quantity of items to make sure space is available.
Family Resource Center is located at 5 Saint John’s Way, Reedsport, OR 97467
Telephone (541) 271-9700
Fax (541) 271-9502
Hours of Operation – Mon – Fri 9am – 5 pm, closed for lunch