The Family Resource Center strives to connect people in coastal Douglas County to information, resources and services. It also provides agencies and organizations the opportunity to better reach and more efficiently serve this community. The Center is sponsored by the Lower Umpqua Hospital District in support of our community.
At the Family Resource Center you can:
- Find out about applying for food stamps and Oregon Health Plan
- Get information about subsidized housing
- Pick up DMV manuals and forms
- Talk to a SHIBA volunteer about Medicare
- Pick up dental and vision applications for those with limited income
- Sign up on the wait list for furniture and appliances
- Find information about counseling and support groups
- Get answers to most questions about local services & programs
If you have something to donate call 541-271-9700 if you have furniture or appliances to donate. Those larger items are not accepted at the Family Resource Center. Pick up arrangements are made between the donor and the family that needs the item. Small items like bedding, towels, and basic kitchen items can be brought to the Family Resource Center. Please make sure items are clean, chip free, and in useable condition. The Family Resource Center does not accept clothing larger than children’s sizes, decorative items, or knick knacks. Please call ahead before bringing a quantity of items to make sure space is available.
Please note: We have moved! For your and our staff’s safety, our building is currently closed to the public. Our staff is happy to help you over the phone and arrange a location for you to pick up items.
Family Resource Center, 3520 Frontage Rd, Reedsport, OR 97467
Telephone (541) 271-9700
Fax (541) 271-9502
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm